Credit reference agency reports


Credit reference agency reports

Credit reference agency reports

Knowledge of your credit report is your right. Going about getting it requires a little research. Here are the steps:

Clearing judgement records

If a judgment debt is paid within a month of it being granted, the judgment is cancelled and all mention of it removed from court records and credit reference files. But the history of the debt may not be deleted from the credit reference files.

Judgments paid after one month can be marked ‘satisfied’ by applying to the county court for a Certificate of Satisfaction which will be passed by the court to the credit reference agencies.

Correcting wrong records

If you think that information on a county court judgment is incorrect you should ask the court for guidance on what you can do about it. If you think other information is incorrect you should write to the credit reference agency.